Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Such a Winter's Day

It needs a couple of teeny repairs and the label and then a really good pressing.  But it's done.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

just the knots!

All I have left to do is the French knots.  I tried to add piping to the binding but nothing I did worked.  It took too much attention away from the center.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

it's getting there

I added two more leaves.  The Cardinal looks more like he's perched now.  I am only going to use 7 snowflakes.  I think they're just pinned on in this photo.  The positions will get tweaked a little bit as I get ready to iron each one on and sew it down.  I have the three big ones sewn on now.

I'm thinking about adding piping or a tiny flange in the binding since the binding is going to be the same fabric as the outer border.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

just two more leaves!

So it needs two more leaves.  It needs one in front of the bird to make him sit and it needs one in the upper right corner.  I'm glad I looked up a picture of a Northern Cardinal before I used the designer's colors.  She had the beak yellow, they're red.  She also had a white area around the eye, it's all black.  I'll sew on a black bead for the eye.

The snowflakes are next.

Friday, July 8, 2011

all the leaves

I finally quit adding leaves.  It has 97 leaves.  I got the flowers cut out and they're pinned on.  At least there are only 9 of them.  I did change them from the original.  The original flowers were too pointy.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

67 was not enough!

There are already 70 leaves on the wall hanging and there's still one branch left to do.  You can see I changed the bottom ones just a bit.  I really did want one that went below the accent strip but I really needed to fill that lower left corner so I took off the short ones and added one fairly long one and a medium size one over on the right.  I don't know if I'll get the rest of the leaves on today or not, we're having company tomorrow so I need to get the bathrooms cleaned and start the food prep today.

Friday, July 1, 2011

40 leaves!

I have 40 leaves on the wall hanging now.  I took off some of the short stems on the bottom and I'm going to add one long vine from the left to the right below the one that's already there.  I'm pretty sure 67 leaves aren't going to be enough.  There are three flowers down the left side and three across that bottom vine with the cardinal between the last two.

And this pattern started off with 16 holly leaves!