Thursday, April 15, 2010

room improvements

You wouldn't think adding two more pieces of furniture to a small room would give you more space but it did. The dresser in this picture is the ironing center. My big board ironing board fits on top of the dresser but it's too low. The weather hasn't cooperated so we can get the riser built for the top yet. It's tough to cut MDF outside in 30 mph winds. It still has a few things parked on it that I need to find homes for. Oh, and if you look at the bottom left of the dresser in that space you'll see my cat. That's her spot now. At some point in time I'm going to paint this dresser. I think I'll go ahead and look for different drawer pulls. It's Early American style and it's the one style that I really don't like. A paint job and new drawer pulls will make a big difference though.




The blue dresser is going to be the cutting table. It has a piece of plywood on the top now but I think when we have time we're going to go to the big lumber yard and get a piece of counter top for it. The space between the cutting center and the credenza is perfect for bagged batting and "ladies in waiting." The two big red bags have quilts that are waiting for binding. The ruler racks and all the rulers have been moved over on to the credenza in front of the bookcase.




No comments: