Somebody commented on another blog they'd like to see more things in progress. So I'll show you where I started and where I end up with this project.
The first photo shows the fabrics and the pattern laid out together. I really don't do blue at all so I changed to the purply gray fabrics.
The second photo is of the final layout of the applique background and the first flower pinned to it.
The pattern uses holly leaves, flowers and berries. The berries and flowers aren't holly berries or flowers though. Once I got the holly leaves done and pinned onto the background I hated them. I think part of it may have been the colors of the leaves. They just didn't really do anything for it.
So I changed them to ivy leaves and made about 4 times as many leaves as in the original. Since I made soooo many more leaves I can leave off the berries and the applique will still fill the space.
Since our move is only two weeks away it'll be a while before I get back to this.