Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What can you do with a panel?

That is the challenge.  Pick a panel you like and do something with it.  The challenge was issued at the January guild meeting with your entry due at the October meeting.

So in February I go to a combined quilt show/shop hop and one of the vendors has a Valentine panel.  I know I already have a plenty of heart/Valentine fabric to go with it so I got two panels.  I got two because each panel has two different heart squares on it and I'm glad I did since I ended up using three of the squares from the panels.

I knew I didn't want to make a large quilt and I didn't want to do a wall hanging either.  I've seen lots of patterns and ideas for bed runners lately so I decided that's what I'd do.  I'll also make a pillow shams and a throw pillow to go with it later on.

The first pic is the bed runner after its been quilted but before the binding has been put on.  The second pic is one of the paper pieced hearts.  They were such a pain to do but oh so cool when they were done and they really make the quilt.  The last pic is a close up of some of the quilting.  I had it long arm quilted and told her to "fancy it up."




No comments: