Saturday, March 22, 2008

stuff I'm working on

Right now I'm working on a twin size quilt for my grandson, a twin size quilt for a great niece, and two block of the months.

The grandson's quilt is a variation of the disappearing 9 patch. The great niece's quilt is a square in a square with sashing. One block of the month is thru the lqs and is the butterfly garden. The other bom is thru the guild and it's the "Year in a Snap" monthly wall hangings.


January's wall hanging. I put triangles in the top two corners and I'm going to use dowels with ribbons so I can hang them anywhere from just a nail. I'll post a pic of that when I get one made.






February's wall hanging.


I'm really happy with the way this one turned out. The original used grays instead of the white and I just don't think it was as pretty. I also changed the bird to blue.












And March's wall hanging.
The original used fabric bows but I thought
they were too fussy and a huge pain to make
so I just used ribbon and I left my kite tail strings loose.

1 comment:

SusanKS said...

Woohoo...I get to be the first to comment! Love the little wallhangings, especially the snowman.