Since I'm stuck at Wal-Mart in the H&R Block kiosk with tons of time on my hands and a computer in front of me I'll tell you about the quilt I'm making for my grandson. The pattern is a modified disappearing nine patch. To make a disappearing nine patch you make a nine patch and then cut the block thru the center into quarters and then turn the quarters. I decided I'd like the squares in the finished block to be the same size and I thought making a block and then cutting and resewing it too time consuming. So I drew the block out on my graph paper and figured out the new measurments and strip pieced it.
I have a day off tomorrow so I should be able to finish all the blocks for his quilt and maybe even get started setting them together. The focus fabric is a John Deere tractor print. The "coordinating" fabrics don't coordinate really. They're to look like fields. There's a tan print that from a distance could look like ripe wheat or maybe summer fallow. The green print could be any thing growing in a field. The backing is a medium scale wheat print I found at a good discount on thousandsofbolts.com. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do for the borders. I'm kind of leaning towards some kind of pieced border but I haven't gotten that far yet. The quilt will tell me what it needs when I get that far.