Monday, May 2, 2011

random bits

I took my girlfriend back home to Denver over the weekend. While I was there we went to Home Depot, Lowe's and Big Lots. I got more house plants at Home Depot and Lowe's and some flower pots and a rug for hubby's room at Big Lots. His room has tile on the floor and it's cold.

We made huge progress unpacking while she was here and there's not really much unpacking left to do now. Most of what's left is decorative stuff or things that need to wait until hubby paints. The hall upstairs and my closet and bedroom get painted next. The cookbook shelves go in the upstairs hall so the books are still packed for that shelf. The decorative stuff that goes in my bedroom is also still packed.

I'm going to just relax a bit this week and do laundry. We were so busy getting things unpacked I didn't do any of the laundry other than a couple of loads of clothes. I need to do tons of towels, sheets, and blankets now. I'll bet there are at least three loads of towels!

I should be able to get back to sewing in just a few days. I have a guild project I will have to work on next week. I'm doing the applique on the borders for our guild's "opportunity" quilt.

No comments: