Friday, May 27, 2011

quilt priorities

Sometimes you have to quit working on something and work on something else. My small guild does an opportunity quilt every year. This year the quilt has appliqued borders and a pieced center. I said I would do the blanket stitching around the appliques and to keep a consistent look it was decided that just one person would do that part.

I have the first border done and it looks really cool.
This is one of the end borders.  When it gets put on the quilt the corners are mitered and another of the large center flowers goes on each corner.  That's why the vine ends are hanging loose.  I need to have all of the borders done by the first weekend in June so they can be put on the quilt.  I need to have all of the applique done by the second weekend in June so it can go to the longarm quilter next.  After it's quilted it comes back to me for binding.


No comments: