Sunday, December 15, 2013

Well that's a lot of water...

Sooooooooooo much has happened since the last time I posted to this blog!!

I moved to Denver to stay with my "bff."  I had been friends with her for over 30 years.  I was there just short of 2 months.  A whole lot of crazy happened in those two months and at the end we ended our friendship.  Well, I should say she ended it and I didn't object.  I would have remained cordial with her if she had wanted to stay in contact but I would have never stayed at her house again or visited in person again.

She paid for the U-Haul truck and we discussed for about 2 months the things I should bring to her house.  While we were unloading the truck into storage I was sorting things out to go to her house but after looking at the available space half of what I sorted out went into storage.  I was supposed to set up a "creative" space in her den.  After I got the things that I needed to set up a sewing space in her den it was so full there wasn't room to create a damn thing.  So part of that went back to storage too.

At the end she said I disrespected her house.  From the beginning I never felt welcomed to her home.  She had stayed at my house three times in the previous two years for a month at a time and I did my best to make sure she was comfortable and had everything she needed.

So after I left her house I went to my mother's for about a month and a half.  Gawd she's a pain in the ass.

While I was at my mother's I started tax class where I used to live.  It's about an hour and a half between the two towns and the classes were twice a week on tuesday and thursdays so I stayed with a friend on tuesday and wednesday nights and then went back to my mom's right after class on thursday nights.  During that time I was job hunting and had interviews for several jobs and finally got hired.  After I got a full time job I moved from my mother's to another friends house until I could find a place to live.

I finally got approved for an apartment in "senior" housing and went back to Denver and moved all of my stuff out of storage there.  Most of my things are still in storage but at least it's just across town instead of in another state.  (I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest person in the building.  I think everybody else is over 65 and retired.)

This apartment is really small though and I don't have room for much of my sewing stuff.  I'll get the machine I use the most from my girlfriends house and find places for the things I use the most and the rest will just have to stay in storage for now.

2 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

all the very best wishes on your new life. All yours, all the time...can't beat that~

JessicaSews said...

I hope ALL things HAPPY and healthy for your 2014... you deserve it.