Saturday, April 19, 2008

stinky quilt

I finished the binding on a quilt for my guild last night. I don't think I have ever been so happy to finish a binding!! The quilt actually has 8 corners plus it smelled funky. You know that funky musty smell fabric can get after 15 or 20 years, yeah, that smell. It's going in the washer this morning. There's just no way we're going to give anybody a quilt that smells like that!

Then I'll get started on the binding for the ra... opportunity quilt. Hopefully it didn't pick up the odor from the other quilt! I had them in a bag together. It's a full size quilt so it'll take me a few days to get it done.

I don't use a whip stitch to finish the back of my binding. I don't think it's very attractive or very sturdy. I use a hidden stitch that has as much stitch in the binding as in the back of the quilt and is completely hidden.

No comments: