Friday, July 2, 2010

final days!!

The truck is waiting to be picked up tomorrow morning. Hubby, oldest son and the girls will be here this evening. We should get the majority loaded Saturday and we'll finish up and drive to Colorado on Sunday. Monday we'll unload and get the beds put together at least. We have to have the truck turned in by Wednesday at noon.

Tuesday the cable, internet and phone will be installed. I am sooooooooooooo looking forward to getting rid of the satellite internet!! It's almost as slow as dial up! With the added feature of losing your connection every time it rains. Since I did the bundled thing I'm going to get up to 16 mbps! Wohooo!!

Getting the kitchen unpacked and organized is first priority of course. I'm sure we're both ready for something home cooked even if it's just sloppy joes or one pan goulash.

My sewing room is on the small side so I'll have to put some of it over in the guest bedroom. I'm sure it'll end up being a total reorganization since all the 2 yard and up cuts of fabric will go on coroplast organizers and go in bookcases in the guest bedroom. One of the biggest things I'll have to figure out what to do with is the scraps. I hate to get rid of them because I really do use them for the girl's square in a square quilts and I used almost all scraps for the "Year in a Snap" series. I'm sure there will be plenty of other things I need just a bit of something for. I'm sure after I get started I'll figure out some sort of organization method for them.

1 comment:

Quiet Quilter said...

I have satellite internet also, I know what you mean.

I'm sure you will be back in the saddle sewing and quilting in no time. We will be looking forward to hearing from you with your fast and speedy service!

Oh, that will give you more time to sew, won't it!